Sunday, February 20, 2011

Polynesian Braised Pork


Papeete Bay Verandah - Polynesian Village Resort

History: See previous posts

For the most part, this recipe is simple. Make sure you read ahead to notice that you need to marinade the pork for 2 days before cooking. I don't know why, but I have issues with aluminum foil. It's supposed to be every cooks best friend, but it's my worst enemy. In the normal world the foil holds in the heat and helps to cook the food faster. In my world, it adds 45 minutes of cook time. I don't get it, but it's a proven fact. So, if you have my luck, you need to cook it for 1 hr, 30 minutes, not 50. It had a good taste but didn't soak up enough of the marinade. If I did it over again, I would reserve some marinade to heat and poor over the pork when serving. I give the pork 2 mickeys for blandness, but it could rise to 4 with the extr
a marinade added.

No comments:

Post a Comment