Friday, February 25, 2011

Mushroom and Barley Soup



Village Restaurant - Walt Disney World Shopping Village

This soup is amazing. I don't even like mushrooms but I liked this soup. I used whole barley instead of pearl barley, but it was just as good I would think. I'm going to start posting the recipe for any 5 mickey recipes, so here it is!

1/2 cup pearl barley
1 clover garlic, minced
1/2 coup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
4 tablespoons butter
2 quarts (8 cups) chicken broth
3/4 pound mushrooms, chopped (about 4 cups)
Salt and white pepper to taste

Soak barley in water overnight. Saute garlic, onion and celery in butter until tender. Drain barley and add to vegetables. Saute 10 minutes longer until barley becomes thick. Add chicken broth and mushrooms and simmer, covered, until barley is tender, about 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment