Thursday, February 24, 2011

Marinated Mushrooms & Vinaigrette Dressing


Pueblo Room - Contemporary Resort

So this recipe comes with a side comment. I don't like mushrooms (see my other blog). I tolerate mushrooms when they are cut up and cooked with something in a sauce that masks their flavor. This recipe did none of that. I'm not a good judge for this recipe. Why did I even bother to make it then? Well, 2 reasons. 1) I am determined to cook EVERYTHING in the cookbook, and 2) my husband likes mushrooms, so I had a non-biased taste tester. I am also committed to try EVERYTHING in the book. I tried it...and spit it out. Yep, I still don't like raw mushrooms. Greg, however, LOVED them and said they were great. The Vinaigrette dressing that they marinate in is also a separate recipe in the book. The dressing is good! So, from my perspective, the dressing receives 3 mickeys and the mushrooms 0 mickeys, because, well, they're raw mushrooms. Greg gives the dressing 3 mickeys and the mushrooms 4 mickeys, so we will go with his rating today! Oh, and sorry about the horrid picture, I just couldn't get decent lighting that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment