Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Polynesian Ribs & Polynesian Village BBQ Sauce

Polynesian Village Resort

Saturday night camping dinner - RIBS! The honest truth? I don't really like ribs, especially fatty ribs such as baby back ribs. This is why having Greg AND Nathan along for camping made it a good time to cook this recipe. At least someone would appreciate it! 

I thought they were really fatty, but the guys liked them. I had to break them up into individual ribs earlier than the recipe called for. The recipe wants you to cook them as a big piece for 30 minutes then break them up into pairs and cook for another 10 minutes. If I would have done that it would have taken 2 hours to cook these. I broke them up into individual pieces and it still took 45 minutes. Maybe that was because I was using a camper oven, maybe not. You can try it and tell me how long it took. The BBQ sauce is listed in the back of the book under the "sauces" category also. Because of that, both are being judged in this post. The ribs get 3 mickeys, the BBQ sauce gets 4!



No comments:

Post a Comment