Saturday, August 27, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

 Pioneer Hall - Fort Wilderness Campground Resort

Village Restaurant - Walt Disney World Shopping Village

I love strawberry shortcake. I always have. Those little pound cake cups are awesome. This recipe called for pound cake and wither whipped topping or heavy cream to whip up. I cheated, headed to Giant Eagle, and bought both. Aside from making the strawberry sauce it wasn't anything more than slicing up berries, putting them on the cake and adding some fluff. The sauce was ok. It called for frozen strawberries. You add the sauce from the berries into the pan to cook it...my only problem? My strawberries didn't juice. I defrosted them and wound up squeezing them to get any sort of juice. The sauce wasn't great, but not bad. For the mediocre sauce and lack of anything other than store bought goods, I give this 3 mickeys.  It was by no means bad, it fact it was good, but I have done that on my own many times without a recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment