Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fettucine and Meatballs

Tony's Town Square Restaurant - Main Street U.S.A., Magic Kingdom

This recipe is made in 3 parts - the fettucini, Tony's House Sauce, and Tony's Italian Meatballs. Let's start with each one. The fettucini is just cooked pasta. I'm sure it would be really good if you bought it fresh. I didn't, I bought it walmart brand. :-)  The sauce was not bad. I think it would have been better had I had the ability to follow the recipe closer. It called for 12 oz. of tomato paste, which I thought for sure I had (noticing a trend in my brainless dinner planning?) but didn't. So I added more tomato puree instead. In all honestly, the sauce is really bland and boring. Add enough Parmesan cheese on the top and it's fine.  The meatballs, on the other hand, were great. I would make them again. Since they use both Italian sausage and ground beef, they have a bit of a kick to them. 2 mickeys for the sauce, 4 for the meatballs, which levels us out at 3 mickeys.


No comments:

Post a Comment