Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

Steerman's Quarters - Empress Lilly, WDW Shopping Village

Sorry about this horrible picture. I made this pot pie on our anniversary...for our babysitter...while we went out to eat :-) With that said, the first time I had a chance to take a picture of it or try it was in leftover form. Regardless, it was really good. The reality is that a pot pie is a pot pie. Grading against all other pot pies, this was a bit better than average. The insides were a bit different - pearl onions, peas, and mushrooms. I cheated and used canned mushrooms instead of fresh. To most people the fresh would make the flavor even better. To me I was able to tolerate the mushrooms because they were canned. I don't like mushrooms if you haven't figured it out by now. I also used boneless skinless chicken breasts innstead of chicken legs and thighs, so my meat was white instead of dark. I only did this because that's what I had in the freezer at the time. It was fairly simple to make and had a good flavor.
4 mickeys.



No comments:

Post a Comment