Thursday, June 9, 2011

Luau Beef Brochettes

 Polynesian Revue - Polynesian Village Resort

Nothing went right for me with this recipe. First, I didn't have mushroom caps, so I cooked it without them. I burnt the Teriyaki Sauce (meaning burnt to a crisp and it took me 30 minutes to scrap it all out) the first time, so I re-made it. The meat and sauce was awesome. The veggies were good too, but under done. Intead of cooking it in the oven Perhaps I would grill it and cut the veggie pieces smaller so the veggies and meat cook evenly. In the recipe book you are supposed to make the sauce first and keep it warm while the rest cooks, but it condenses down so much you only have goo left, so when you go to make this I would make the sauce in the last few minutes of beef/veggie stick cook time. It gets 3 mickeys for it's current recipe, but with the twists I mentioned it could go up to 4 or 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment