Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chicken Toa Nue

 Papeete Bay Verandah - Polynesian Village Resort

 Ok, so this was supposed to be presented in a hole coconut with the top cut off 3 inches down, sitting on top of grape leaves. I couldn't find the grape leaves anywhere. Have you ever tried to open a coconut? Serisously? I'm supposed to flatten the shell then cut it off cleanly 3 inches down? After 20 minutes with the coconut in the garage vice and a hand saw, I gave up on flattening out the bottom. I turned to sawing off the top. Fail. I laid the coconut on the counter and in frustration came after it with a hammer. Success! You might call it that anyway...so if you want that rustic opened coconut look, just use a hammer :-)


The chicken in the coconut was uninpressive, earning only 2 mickeys. The fried banana on the side however, was awesome, earning 4 mickeys. So if you round it out the whole recipe is 3 mickeys. If I were you, I'd just make the bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment