Friday, April 1, 2011

New England Clam Chowder


Cap'n Jack's Oyster Bar - Walt Disney World Shopping Village

History: Cap'n Jacks was part o the Walt Disney World Shopping Village, now called Downtown Disney. It changed it's name in 200 to Cap'n Jack's Restaurant. I have eaten there once before and had crab cakes...which were FULL of shell. Yuck. My dad has eaten there twice and enjoyed both meals...I guess it was just what I got. The restaurant is located over the water. Everything about the restaurant is about the same as it was in the beginning, just kept updated. They still serve this soup.

It was a fairly easy recipe to make and really didn't require too much time. I don't eat much seafood, but due to my plan to cook through these books, I am determined to try everything. Once I saw the clams I changed my mind. I did try the soup though, I just avoided the clams. Be aware that it requires 3 cups of clam juice...a minor detail I noticed once I was already cooking and only had 1 cup. Mine wasn't as "clammy" because I used water instead for the last 2 cups. It was good, but nothing exceptional. I give it 3 mickeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment