Monday, January 23, 2012

Orange poppy Seed Rolls

 South Seas Dining Room - Polynesian Village Resort

This was one of the best recipes I have made from this book. It takes a bit of time to cut up the orange just right, and poppy seeds are expensive, but it was all worth it! In reality, the rolls should be nice and fluffy...mine, however, weren't. Don't worry, yours will probably turn out fine. You see, I have this issue. Yeast doesn't work at my house. I'm serious. When I lived in WI and IL I had no problem with my bread rising. Now here in PA, NOTHING RISES! It's so very frustrating. I live in a cool, damp wooded area. It's not like finding a remedy for high altitude cooking. Have you ever tried to google "baking with yeast in the woods?" I mean, really. If anyone has a solution to this, please let me know! I'm dying here!

No comments:

Post a Comment