Thursday, October 24, 2013

Jambalaya (pork)

French Market Restaurant
New Orleans Square, DISNEYLAND Park

French Market Restaurant still exists at DISNEYLAND, and it still serves Jambalaya! The menu appears to now serve a chicken and seafood Jambalaya instead of pork and seafood.

This Jambalaya is packed full of meat - pork, ham, polish sausage, Italian sausage, and shrimp. The recipe itself does not have a ton of heat. It would have had more heat had we used the right pepper. I sent my husband out with the grocery list. I asked for a yellow chili pepper. He brought me a yellow pepper. Not nearly as hot. You could also use spicy Italian sausage instead of mild like I used. It's also packed with veggies, which I loved. Onion, celery, green pepper, zucchini, and okra fill in the gaps. I greatly enjoyed this recipe (minus the stomach ache I had later because the shrimp was cooked into it - even though I didn't eat them). 4 mickeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment