Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dark Chocolate Cake

Farmers Market, The Land Grille Room - EPCOT

I was so excited about this cake. I made it for birthankmas...yes, birthankmas. My husbands family came out to visit us between thanksgiving and Christmas, plus we were celebrating birthdays, so it all combined together. I figured since they were making pies that I should make a cake..only appropriate for a birthankmas!
I wish all my effort would have been worth it. The cake is very dense. The icing is good, however I didn't let my butter warm enough before whipping it in (note: it doesn't say to use room temp. butter in the recipe, but you need to). I was the only person that finished my slice, and that was out of sheer determination. So sorry dark chocolate cake, but you only get 1 mickey. So disappointing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment