Friday, September 16, 2011

Philadelphia Pepper Pot Soup

 Liberty Tree Tavern - Liberty Square, Magic Kingdom

Oh my goodness was this amazing. From the recipe I didn't have high hopes, but it was great! I didn't add the tripe (yuck!!) but it was still good.The best part? It took no time to make!

5 mickeys, which means I'm giving you the recipe!


1 T margarine
1/3 c diced 1/4-inch onions
2 T finely diced leeks or green onions (I used the onions)
1/2 c 1/2-in pieces celerty
1/4 c diced 1/4-in ham
6 C water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
5 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 C 1/2-in squares green pepper
1/6 teaspoon cracked pepper
1 can (16 or 17 oz) tomatoes, diced 1/2 in
2 t salt
4 oz tripe cooked and cut in julienne pieces (again, I didn't use this)
1 Cup cooked rice

Heat margarine in a large saucepot. Add onions, leeks, celery and ham and saute, stirring, until vegetables are done. Add water and bouillon cubes and cook a few minutes to dissolve bouillon. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment