Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chocolate Mousse Cake

Boulangerie Patisserie - France Showcase, EPCOT

This cake used to be served at the Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot, but from what I found of the Nov. 2010 menu, they no longer sell it. When I talked to my Dad, however, he told me at my mom got this cake at the Les Chefs de France restaurant. After hecking the menu, sure enough, there is was hiding under the name "Gauteau au chocola."
While the appearance of this cake didn't turn out to be beautiful (probably because I'm no Disney baker), the taste was yummy! It wasn't a very hard recipe even though you have to make it in 3
parts. Each section doesn't take very long to make though. I did alter the recipe a tad. It called for a tablespoon of rum. Since we don't drink I didn't have any spare rum laying around and didn't want to buy a big bottle for just a tablespoon. Instead I used rum flavoring and watered it down a bit to what seemed to be a reasonable strength. The only major snag I had with this recipe was making the mousse...well...moussy. It never thickened up the way they said it should. Perhaps I was too impatient and didn't mix it long enough, I'm not sure. Either way, it still tastes good! The flavor is not very sugary but it will take care of your chocolate fix for the day!

I give this recipe 3 mickey ears:

No comments:

Post a Comment