Friday, October 19, 2012

Steak Neptune



Pueblo Room - Contemporary Resort

The recipe looks simple and fast. It's not. The biggest reason is that it has so many elements - sauce, crab, steak, asparagus, and toast. The Bearnaise sauce is great. I would make it again. It was fairly easy to make, but took some devoted time to stand and whip. Again, I didn't eat the crab (which is sad because I like crab) but I did eat the sauce. I like the fact that the sauce does not contain any shellfish, therefore if you do have an allergy like I do you can still eat the meal, just leaving the crab off the steak. The asparagus is cooked by boiling it in water and chicken bouillon for a few minutes. I have never cooked asparagus like this before, but it was very good. Overall this recipe gets 4 mickeys. Even though I'm not giving you the recipe, you should still try it if you have the book. It's worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment